Wednesday, September 10, 2008

An Inspirational Couple

I attended a wedding on Saturday and the young couple getting married gave me hope. Not because they were so young but because they seemed to have their priorities in such healthy alignment. She wore a beautiful gown that looked custom made for her while her bridesmaids each had on a different style dress in exactly the same shade of burgundy. Everyone looked great and I was probably one of the few guests that knew the truth. Each of the gowns, including the bride’s had been purchased at a consignment shop for less that it takes most of us to fill our gas tanks. No one would have guessed that my young friend had chosen recycled gowns for herself and her attendants. She consistently refuses to be swept up in any of society’s distorted values and thinks on her own. I wish I thought of that!

No comments: