Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Fun Begins

School just started and my adolescent son has already forgotten books that he needed for the three day weekend we just had. Without even thinking, I have suggested and nagged him a few times about the missing books to see if he made any arrangements to borrow them from a classmate. This morning he informed me that he would just find the time at school tomorrow to make up the missed assignments. I don’t think I bit my tongue hard enough to draw blood but I certainly had to consciously shut my mouth. The truth is that this really is his problem and he will have to face the consequences if he does not make the work up in time. If I am really doing what is best for him, why does it still make my stomach clutch? Aaah, the joys of coaching a teenager…

No comments: