Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Grateful for my Crazy Life

I was teaching a class on gratitude today and it struck me, "Am I really all that grateful?" One of the other teachers in the class said she had done and exercise once where she went to lunch by herself and for one hour tried to notice all that works in her life. The big and small, all that works. Even if you twist a doorknob and it opens the door. I realized how much of my time I spend simply focusing on what does not work. Maybe these are the big things, but still I have to ask,"how balanced is it if I only notice what does not work?" So, for this holiday, I have a plan to notice what works, the big and the small. (I don't need to worry about noticing the problems, I do this well) Chris Guillebeau wrote on his blog "Gratitude is a balanced response to a life filled with highs and lows". The Art of Nonconformity Happy Thanksgiving

No comments: