Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Practicing What I Preach


Our 20 year old daughter bought a used car for herself with some money my parents gave her recently. Unfortunately, she made this decision completely on her own based on how the car looked and did not consult with anyone more experienced in auto mechanics. So, this hot looking car has turned out to need some major repairs which is giving my husband & I an opportunity to practice what I preach. It has been hard to stand by and watch her put herself into debt but we are both pretty convinced that this is a big opportunity for her to learn some valuable lessons. In fact, she called the other day and told my husband that he was right when he warned her to have the car checked before she bought it. She even went so far as to say that he has usually been right about most things! Wow! And then she took on a few more hours at the restaurant she works at to help pay towards the cost of fixing it. Not bad…not bad at all.

No comments: